Pakistan LNG Terminals Limited (PLTL) has to formulate and develop a progressive institution to provide Pakistan with a single-window operation to:
- Establish LNG import terminals for securing alternative gas supply sources;
- Reduce and avoid complexities in the RLNG (Regasified Liquid Natural Gas) supply chain.
- Improve efficiencies and develop regasification models, with the sole objective of reducing costs to the end consumer.
- Provide guidance and diligence to complete regasification projects on-time to meet Pakistan’s demand through BOO (build, own and operate) and BOOT (build, own, operate and transfer) projects.
- Develop and attain the entire LNG gasification capacity in the country.
- Kick-start and refine the LNG supply chain so that the private sector can take over.
- Devise Implementation strategies to develop LNG assets for Pakistan without incurring huge upfront outlay of capital.
- Train and develop a local work force for LNG terminal operations.
- Pakistan LNG Terminals Limited (PLTL) to become a source of national energy security through establishment of efficient and timely implementation of storage and regasification infrastructure, create the conditions for the emergence of the natural gas market, and bring economic benefits to the State, consumers and the companies executing the projects.
- PLTL to build, maintain and enhance its leadership position as a safe, secure, reliable and efficient gateway into Pakistan for LNG.
- Our aim is to eliminate the demand - supply gap of natural gas, provide clear value to our customers, through development of adequate infrastructure and national assets, delivering an efficient and cost-effective solution for storage and conversion of LNG that makes cost of consumer acquisition economical, development of our people and local capabilities, and investing wisely.